The ESA Financial and Invoicing System(EFIS) is a corporate Agency tool to define and maintain the financial information related to all ESA procurements, typically large development contracts but also any other ESA financial obligation like a simple Purchase Order.
NEW ! : we are pleased to announce that WEB site of Business Objects (also known as Web intelligence) has been integrated with the current version of EFIS (V2.0), giving the possibility to generate some predefined reports (e.g. Contract structure, Payment plan list, Invoice list, ,,,) and to create your own reports / query using the Web Intelligent standard interface.
The access to Web Intelligence can be made directly from the application (http://efisesa.esa.int); once logged on select User Reports from the View menu.
The key issues for EFIS can be summarized as:
- Set up and approval of the contractual baseline & contract changes regarding all foreseen payments.
- Progress achievement and incurred cost control.
- Entry, distribution and approval of electronic invoices.
- Management of PMACs (Payment Milestone Acceptance Certificates).
- Integration with ESA Corporate databases and with industry systems.
- Web enabled system architecture based on Oracle database.
- User access and roles management, in order to grant customised access to ESA Technical Officers, ESA finance, Prime and Sub-contractors.
The system is a tool available to ESA and industry in Internet so that each piece of information can be entered immediately at source by each concerned party.
The financial information of the contract baseline will be stored in the system; the status of the payment plan (e.g. milestones achievement, invoice and payment information) can be maintained by Industry and /or by ESA and will reflect at any moment the financial status of a contract.
Use of EFIS should result in an overall better financial management of ESA contracts both in ESA and at Industry, e.g. achieved versus invoiced, invoiced versus paid.
To get more information on EFIS, click here
To access EFIS, click here