What you need to know about the Research Fellowship
Please note that you must be a national of one of ESA's Member or Cooperating States. You need to submit the application form and send the following documents by email to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- your CV, with detailed description of thesis and relevant experience
- a list of publications, with bibliographical references
- three reference letters sent via e-mail to email@example.com directly from three different referees
- a copy of the doctorate certificate or evidence proving that your dissertation will be finished within four months of the date of submitting the application
- a detailed description of the research project
Applications may be submitted at any time during the year. The evaluation process of the applications usually starts in October.
Selection of candidates
Applications satisfying the general conditions for eligibility will be forwarded to the relevant establishment for evaluation. Successful applicants will be invited for an interview and normally fellowships start within one to three months of a positive decision being made.
The salary falls within a pre-determined range and varies depending on the appointee’s qualifications and experience. Average monthly net salaries are around €2500. Fellows may be entitled to an expatriation allowance and/or to an installation allowance if they meet the conditions of entitlement. Removal expenses are not reimbursed. Depending on their place of recruitment, fellows may be reimbursed travel expenses in economy class (when travelling by air) or in first class (when travelling by train) to their duty station for themselves and, if applicable, for their spouse and children at the beginning and end of their assignment.