Prof. Sergio Marchisio
Full Professor of International Law, University La Sapienza of Rome; Director of the Institute for International Legal Studies, National Research Council (CNR) (http://www.isgi.cnr.it); Chairman of the European Centre for Space Law (ECSL/ESA), Paris.
• Member of the Board of Directors of the International Institute of Space Law (IISL);
• Full Member of the International Academy of Astronautics (IAA);
• Member of the Académie de l’air et de l’espace (ANAE).
• Member of the Scientific Board of the Master Course in Law of Outer Space Activities and Telecommunications, University Paris-Sud 11;
• Representative of the Italian National Research Council (CNR), International Astronautical Federation (IAF);
• Director of the Master Course in Space Policy and Institutions, organized by the Institute for International Legal Studies (ISGI-CNR) and the Italian Space Agency (ASI);
• Secretary General of the Italian Society of International Law (www.sidi-isil.org);
• Member of the Société française de droit international, the American Society of International Law and the Argentinean Society of International Law;
• Member of the International Law Association, Diplomatic Protection and Space Law Committees (ILA);
• Member of the Italian Consultative Committee for Human Rights and of the Board of Directors of the Italian Society for International Organization (SIOI);
• Corresponding Member of the International Institute for the Unification of Private Law (UNIDROIT) of Rome.
• Chairman of UN Legal Subcommittee of the Committee for Outer Space (COPUOS, 2004-2007);
• Since 1996, Member of the Italian delegation to the UN Committee for Outer Space (COPUOS), Vienna;
• Permanent Expert of the European Union (EU) Task Force on the Draft Code of Conduct on Space Activities;
• Italian Delegate, EU CODUN Space;
• President of the Intergovernmental Committee of Experts on the UNIDROIT Space Assets Protocol to the 2001 Cape Town Convention on International Interests in Mobile Equipment (five sessions, 2003-2011);
• Member of the Italian Section of the International Commission on Civil Status of Strasbourg (CIEC/ ICCS);
• Italian delegate in a number of international conferences such as:
The Diplomatic Conference on the Adoption of the UNIDROIT-ICAO Convention on International Interests in Mobile Equipment and an Aircraft Protocol, Cape Town, South Africa (October-November 2001); The Conference of the Parties of the Law of the Sea Tribunal (New York, 1998-99);
The UN Diplomatic Conference of Plenipotentiaries on the Establishment of an International Criminal Court (Rome, 1998);
The UN Conference on Environment and Development (UNCED): Preparatory Committee (Geneva, New York, 1990-1992) and Final Conference (Rio de Janeiro, 1992);
Author of over 100 publications, books, essays and articles in international law, European Union law, and Law of International Organizations.
Last update: 26 May 2011