Industrial Space Days 2001 at ESTEC 9/10 May 2001
In May 2001, ESA will once again host the Industry Space Day (ISD) at ESTEC, Noordwijk, the Netherlands. ISD 2001 is a major forum for generating tomorrow’s business opportunities and the industrial strategies of the industrial sector, and will bring together all the European players in the space sector and its applications.
The ISD’s innovative approach lies in fostering the synergies between high-tech small and medium-size enterprises (SME) and the European space sector.
On the agenda for the ISD, which will take place from 9 to 10 May, are business meetings, conferences, solution workshops and benchmark sessions, as well as SME exhibits.
Conferences: These will focus on business opportunities in the space sector and relevant industrial issues, including:
- doing business with ESA
- the requirements of space development
- work opportunities with ESA and with national agencies, and with large and small system integrators
- industrial support to European SMEs
- successful business and best practices for project management
Solution workshops: SMEs will be given the opportunity to present their solutions to problems encountered in the space sector. If the ISD Steering Committee selects their solution for discussion, the SME will be invited to present this at a workshop, thus giving them the opportunity to meet new clients.
Benchmark sessions: These will give larger groups the possibility to compare different approaches to issues of interest to the industrial sector. Participants will be able to propose subjects at registration and the ISD Steering Committee will select those of most interest for discussion at benchmark sessions.
ISD 2001 will cover a wide and varied range of disciplines applicable to space business. These will include:
- materials - optics and opto-electronics - signal processing
- antenna and radiofrequency systems - data handling and storage
- power generators - energy storage and power conditioning
- software - propulsion - structures - mechanism and robotics
- scientific payload instrumentation - thermal control
- environment and life-support systems - electronic products
- quality assurance - project management - testing
- ground segment - applications
By participating in ISD 2001, representatives of the space industry will be able to:
- participate in business meetings
- learn about space perspectives and market trends
- benefit from well-targeted conferences
- propose workshops of interest to their business
For further information and registration please contact:
71 Rue des Tilleuls
Tel: +33 1 41864186
Fax: +33 1 46038626