IT at ESA
Connecting sites, enabling effective teamwork, storing precious data, providing ubiquitous computing power and innovating with new technologies to allow ESA to operate are the daily business of the ESA IT Department.
We are striving continuously to improve in our capabilities, in our power of innovation, in our customer service to work strategically, and day to day, with our user community and customers, suppliers and partners.
We place great importance on protecting ESA’s digital assets, and as such the IT department works within the framework of an Information Security Management System, or ISMS. Certified to ISO 27001, our ISMS ensures we have the right policies and processes to safeguard the information of ESA, its Member States and external partners.
We organise our activities to
- Manage and evolve our corporate ICT infrastructure and services,
- Enable the digital transformation of our core processes through the use of new tools and systems,
- Support the core business needs of our space activities in the IT domain,
- Improve and coordinate our underlying internal processes to ensure support to our operators,
- Respond to our customer needs and expectations through a dedicated customer driven support infrastructure.
The ESA IT Department operates with staff and services across all establishments and sites of ESA around the world.
Last update: 10 September 2019