The Aeolus launch #SocialSpace event will be held on 21 August 2018 at ESA’s European Spacecraft Operations Centre, ESOC, in Darmstadt, Germany
To apply, include your name, social media name(s) and contact information, and a few words describing your motivation or interest in joining. Only eligible applicants will be considered (see below), and, due to space limitations, not all applicants may be invited. Applications must be submitted by 31 July, 10:00 GMT (12:00 CEST), and selected applicants will receive an email with a formal invitation no later than 2 August.
Applications are for one person only and are non-transferable. All applicants must be at least 18 years old on 21 August 2018.
While participation in the Aeolus SocialSpace event is free of charge, invitees are responsible for all personal expenses related to travel, accommodation and other costs in connection with this event. Wi-Fi access, a full programme of activities and catering will be provided.
Application closes on 31 July at 10:00 GMT (12:00 CEST).
Once all applications have been reviewed, an email with a formal invitation, confirmation information and additional instructions will be sent to those selected and to those on the waiting list.
We expect to send notifications no later than 2 August. Please allow us time to process all the applications; we will keep you posted of progress via @social4space. Invitees must confirm acceptance by 8 August at 10:00 GMT (12:00 CEST).
Aeolus SocialSpace is open to individuals who follow one or more of ESA’s social media accounts.
Applications from anyone are welcome. Applicants who are a citizen or permanent resident of one of the countries listed below will be given priority: ESA Member State, ESA Associate Member State, ESA Cooperating State, EU Member State, Argentina, and Australia.
Note that entering Germany may require a visa.
By applying to take part in Aeolus SocialSpace, you agree that ESA and its subcontractors, partners, employees and agents are in no way liable for any claim for damages arising from any activity in connection with either of these events. These events are being conducted on a best-effort basis and may be modified, delayed or cancelled at any time.
By applying to take part in the Aeolus #SocialSpace, you certify that:
- You are able to travel to Darmstadt, Germany, as invited, and remain present at the event for its duration on 21 August 2018
- You have government-issued photo ID (for example, passport or national ID card)
- You are or will be at least 18 years of age on 21 August 2018
- You have or will obtain any required visa to enter Germany
- You have full health, travel, liability and any other necessary insurance
- You are the proper owner of the social media account under which you registered
- You agree that ESA may publicise and share your image, name, home town/city and social media account name(s)
- You understand that all costs related to travel, accommodation or miscellaneous expenses are to be paid by you
- You agree that ESA and their subcontractors, partners, employees and agents are in no way liable for any claim for damages arising from any activity in connection with either of these events
- You understand that these events are being conducted on a best-effort basis and may be modified, delayed or cancelled at any time, particularly in the event of a launch delay or postponement
- You understand and agree that the Aeolus SocialSpace will be publicised, and that you may appear in photos, videos, live webstreams or other content published in one or more online, print or other channels
Venue and outline schedule
The event will take place at ESA’s European Spacecraft Operations Centre:
European Space Agency ESA/ESOC
The programme will run continuously from approximately midday until late evening (confirmed times will be sent to invitees later), as the liftoff is scheduled for 23:20 CEST on 21 August.
The event will start at about 15:00 and comprise a guided tour of the ESA facility in Darmstadt and a chance to enter the mission control facilities followed by briefings by ESA and European experts and viewing of the launch, ending at about 01:00 on 22 August.
Participants are responsible for their own travel and accommodation, if any is booked.
Read full article: Join the #EarthGroupies at the Aeolus SocialSpace event