ESA Technology Transfer Network broker for Germany
The Centre of Satellite Navigation Hesse (cesah) is a centre of competence for space technologies supported by its shareholders, the State of Hesse, Darmstadt City of Science and well-known industrial and research institutions.
EurA is a German-wide active innovation consulting company. Both companies support together the technology transfer from space to non-space in Germany.
cesah has direct and long-term links with the space sector through their shareholders Telespazio VEGA Deutschland and T-Systems International, who are involved in space programmes such as Galileo and Copernicus amongst many others.
cesah has also strong links to ESA/ESTEC, ESA/ESOC, the European GNSS Agency, DLR research institutes (in particular Brunswick and Munich), and Fraunhofer Institutes in Darmstadt, Nuremberg and Magdeburg.
ESA Business Incubation Centre (ESA BIC) Hessen & Baden-Württemberg
cesah is contracted to run one of the ESA Business Incubation Centres (ESA BICs) in Europe, the ESA BIC Hessen & Baden-Württemberg, located at three different sites, Darmstadt, Reutlingen and Friedrichshafen. It has fostered over 90 new start-ups, many of which have grown into thriving companies.
The centre supports young businesses and start-up companies with development, technical realisation and market implementation of new products and services applying space technologies such as satellite navigation. A major focus with regard to opening up new areas of application is in the field of transport, i.e. aviation, maritime, road and rail traffic as well as in geodesy and agriculture.
cesah’s objective is to support this process actively and thanks to the pan-European ESA BIC network, European entrepreneurs with innovative ideas receive help in getting their business started and turned into successful companies.
Services provided by cesah
- As a centre of competence, cesah serves as the central knowledge resource for space technologies and their applications.
- cesah organises subject-specific as well as custom-designed matching events and is your point of contact for space technology transfer in Germany and beyond.
- As an incubation centre, cesah supports technical development, realization and market implementation of new products and services applying space technologies.
- cesah is managing the ESA BIC Hessen & Baden-Württemberg on behalf of ESA and is your point of contact for innovative incubation ideas that apply space technologies; we have a permanent call for tenders and a standardized selection procedure.
- cesah is the point of contact for your participation in the yearly European Satellite Navigation Competition (ESNC) in the Hesse region.
- As a technology broker for ESA cesah focuses on adapting technologies that were developed for space programmes for non-space applications, including the transfer of software- and hardware-related technologies such as to commercial applications of satellite systems.
To find out more about cesah, please visit www.cesah.com.
Key contact at cesah
Dr. Frank Zimmermann
cesah GmbH - Centrum für Satellitennavigation Hessen
Robert-Bosch-Str. 7 - 64293 Darmstadt - Germany
Tel.: +49 (0)6151 39 21 56 10
As an innovation service provider, the EurA advises more than 1000 small and medium-sized companies in Germany, covering all industrial sectors. It also manages large renowned companies and has an extensive network of research institutions and universities.
The EurA portfolio ranges from the development of a general company or innovation strategy based on a thorough business plan, over the determination of the financial aspects, the initiation and mediation of promising partnerships, the implementation of innovative products, technologies and services, up to the development of appropriate commercialisation strategies and the market introduction of those innovations.
Services provided by EurA
EurA business is subdivided into:
- Innovation Consulting: consulting of national and international companies in R&D-projects in order to develop new products and processes, the creation and coordination of technology networks and clusters, the development of business models, and the drafting of investment plans, with good experience in all German and in various European research and development programmes.
- Network Management: EurA is market leader in initiating and coordinating SME innovation networks in Germany which aim at technical developments in a broad variety of industries.
- Technology Transfer: EurA gives advice to companies with respect to their diversification efforts. The technology transfer area is based on more than 18-year experience in the successful technology exchange between different sectors. The activities included executive functions on national and international transfer initiatives and resulted in the focus area of aerospace with a contribution to more than 250 successful placements of innovative projects for the creation of aerospace-based new products and services in various industries and markets (spin-off), as well as from a variety of industries in the aerospace industry (spin-in).
- Industrial and Technology Management Consulting: Besides its R&D related activities, the EurA offers to its customers a broad range of services in the areas of controlling, financing (also capital resources and external finances), purchase and sale of companies and investments.
To find out more about EurA, please visit www.eura-ag.de.
Key contact at EurA:
Dennewartstr. 25-27 - 52068 Aachen - Germany
Phone: +49 (0)241 963 12 10