How to apply
- Check the eligibility of your team.
- Read carefully the 2018 European CanSat Competition Guidelines.
- Check if there is a national competition held in your country here . If there is, apply to the CanSat competition through your local organiser.
- If there is no national competition, complete the registration form here.
- Send an email to ESA’s Education office CanSat e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) before 10 December 2017 at 22:00 CET, with the title: '2018 European CanSat Competition Call for Proposals' clearly indicated in the subject line.
In order for a proposal to be considered eligible, the following conditions should be fulfilled:
- Each student team should comprise students (aged 14 - 20) from an ESA Member State or Associate State* enrolled full-time in a secondary school (note that a maximum of 6 students plus one teacher per team will be sponsored by ESA; see Chapter 5 of the Guidelines). Teams of 4 to 5 students are preferable in order to maximise the learning process. University/higher education students cannot participate in this competition;
- Each team needs to be supervised by a teacher or mentor (Team Leader) responsible for monitoring the team’s technical progress, offering help and advice, and acting as the team’s point of contact with ESA’s Education Office. The Team Leader must be available to accompany the team to the competition launch campaigns;
- One teacher/mentor can be responsible for one team only;
- At least 50% of the students included in a team must be nationals of an ESA Member State*.
- One teacher/mentor can be responsible for one team per year only. One teacher/ mentor cannot present the same team more than once.
- Student teams’ participation in the European CanSat Competition is only allowed once (no individual student can participate more than once).
Last update: 6 November 2017