How to apply
- Check the eligibility of your team.
- Read carefully the 2017 European CanSat Competition Guidelines.
- Download and complete the official proposal form from here.
- Send an email to ESA’s Education office CanSat e-mail (cansat @ esa.int) before Tuesday 14 February at 22:00 Central European Time (CET), with the title: '2017 European CanSat Competition Call for Proposals' clearly indicated in the subject line.
In order for a proposal to be considered eligible, the following conditions should be fulfilled:
- Each student team should comprise students(aged 14 - 20) from an ESA Member State or Associate State* enrolled full-time in a secondary school (note that a maximum of 6 students plus one teacher per team will be sponsored by ESA; see Chapter 5 of the Guidelines). Teams of 4 to 5 students are preferable in order to maximise the learning process. University/higher education students cannot participate in this competition;
- Each team needs to be supervised by a teacher or mentor (Team Leader) responsible for monitoring the team’s technical progress, offering help and advice, and acting as the team’s point of contact with ESA’s Education Office. The Team Leader must be available to accompany the team to the competition launch campaign;
- One teacher/mentor can be responsible for one team only;
- At least 50% of the students included in a team must be nationals of an ESA Member State.
*ESA Member States in 2016:
Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom.
ESA Associate States in 2016: Canada, Slovenia
Here you can see the ESA Member States with a current national CanSat competition.
Last update: 19 December 2016