How to apply
- Team up and check below the eligibility of your team.
- Read carefully the guidelines of the project.
- Check if there is a project being run in your country. If there is, you have to apply to the project through the national coordinator. Teams can submit their investigation plan from 4 October until 15 November 2018.
- If there is no national coordinator, teams have to apply to the project through the ESA Education office. The investigation plans (in English) must be submitted online from 4 October until 15 November 2018.
In order for a team to be considered eligible, the following conditions should be fulfilled:
- Participation is open to teams from 8 up to (and including) 15 years old.
- Each student team must consist of a minimum of six students up to the whole class.
- One teacher can sign up maximum three student teams.
- At least 50% of the team members must have the nationality of an ESA Member or Associate Member State .
Team members must meet one of the following requirements:
- Be enrolled full-time in a primary or secondary school located in an ESA Member or Associate Member State; ESA will also accept entries from primary or secondary schools located outside an ESA Member or Associate Member State only if such schools are officially authorised and/or certified by the official Education authorities of an ESA Member or Associate Member State (for instance, French school outside Europe officially recognised by French Ministry of Education or delegated authority).
- Be home schooled (certified by the National Ministry of Education or delegated authority in an ESA Member or Associate Member State).
- Be a member of a science or environment club, enrolled full-time in a primary or secondary school in an ESA Member or Associate Member State.
- Each team must be supervised by a teacher or mentor acting as the team’s point of contact with ESA’s Education Office and, where applicable, with the respective National Coordinator.
- Each team can submit one entry only and each student can only be a member of one team.