Call for the 2019 ESA ELGRA Gravity Related Research Summer School
ESA's Education Office and the European Low Gravity Research Association (ELGRA) are joining hands again for the organisation of the fourth edition of the ESA/ELGRA Gravity-Related Research Summer School, which will take place between the 24 - 28 June 2019 at ESEC-Galaxia in Transinne, Belgium.
This exciting Summer School offers an overview of the current research under microgravity and hypergravity conditions in Life and Physical sciences and explains the interest and benefits of performing research at different gravity levels.
Over four and a half packed days, 30 university students will attend stimulating lectures, and work within small groups to devise ideas for prospective experiments. These future scientists and engineers are shown the possibilities in research studies and careers in the European space sector.
The trainers are experts from across Europe and part of ESA and/or ELGRA, freely sharing their experience and know-how with the students, including their day-to-day work and research experience in biology, human physiology, and physics.
Who can apply?
In order to participate, students must fulfil the following criteria at the time of application:
- be aged between 18 and 32;
- be a citizen of an ESA Member State, Canada or Slovenia;
- be enrolled as a full-time BSc (starting from 2nd year) or MSc student in a university (not graduating before the summer school);
- be studying an engineering or scientific subject;
- have never taken part in any gravity-related activity and never been sponsored by ESA's Education Office or ELGRA.
The selected students will be sponsored by ESA. The sponsorship will cover accommodation and meals as well as up to 200 Euros for travelling to Belgium.
How to apply?
- Complete the application form;
- Upload a motivation letter (PDF, maximum 1 page, no images);
- Upload a CV (Europass format, PDF, maximum 2 pages);
- Upload a formal recommendation letter (PDF, maximum 1 page, including signature, no images) from a university professor or an academic supervisor;
- Upload a copy of academic records (PDF, in English, with the university stamp).
The deadline for applications is 23 April 2019 23:59 pm CEST.
Several ESA Academy training session opportunities are opened, for additional information please check our current opportunities webpage.
For further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.