IAC - how to apply
To date, more than 2000 students have taken part in this programme, facilitating a generation handover of space expertise from experienced professionals to enthusiastic young people.
In order to be considered for the IAC student opportunities selection, you are requested to:
- Submit an abstract to the IAC.
- Apply for ESA sponsorship under the student participation programme by 1 May 2016 (23:59 CET).
To do so please:
- Register for ESA Education projects. You will receive an email confirmation with a username and password for your login.
- Log in and select IAC 2016 under the list of ESA Education projects.
- In the ‘Motivation’ field, please provide details on the abstract/paper you have submitted to IAC including the name of the primary author, title of the paper and session number (as indicated in the IAC call for papers).
- In the ‘Document 1’ field, upload a cover letter (PDF) detailing why you would like to attend IAC (including why your paper is of importance), what you hope to learn there and why you consider yourself a good candidate to be sponsored by the ESA Education Office.
- In the ‘Document 2’ field, upload your CV (PDF, maximum 2 pages, no images).
- In the ‘Document 3’ field, upload a copy of your Abstract (PDF, as submitted to IAC).
Should you have problems with the application system that cannot be resolved in time for the deadline, please email all 3 documents specified above in a single email to email@example.com ,clearly stating 'IAC sponsorship application' and your name in the subject line of the email. Please include the information under point 3 above in the email text.
Authors whose abstracts have been accepted will be notified by the IAF end-April, after which they will be requested to upload a full manuscript of the paper they are planning to present. On the basis of these results, ESA will select several students for the sponsored student participation programme. Successful applicants will be notified by ESA in June with further details on travel arrangements.
Last update: 6 June 2016