- Read the conditions to apply and the constraints carefully, and familiarise yourself with the platform.
- Read the programme schedule to familiarise yourselves with the selection process deadlines
- Familiarise yourself with all the documentation
- Identify and consult the endorsing professor or academic who preferably should be your thesis or project supervisor
- Define your project, discuss it and try to find references in the scientific literature about similar research projects
- First and foremost, send a letter of intent together with the filled in ‘Privacy notice and consent form’ to ‘orbityourthesis @ esa.int’. It will act as registration to the OYT!2020 selection process
- After the registration period, write an experiment proposal, a first version of the Experiment Flight Safety Data Package (EFSDP)and fill in the preliminary questionnaire
- Ask your endorsing professor or academic to write a formal letter of endorsement
- Send the experiment proposal together with the preliminary questionnaire, the first version of the EFSDP and the letter of endorsement in one zip file to orbityourthesis @ esa.int
Please, note that all the guidelines for the required deliverables can be found in the section ‘Documents’.
If you have further questions about the programme and cannot find the information you are looking for on the Orbit Your Thesis! pages, please contact us at orbityourthesis @ esa.int.
Please note that the information detailed above is subject to change without prior notice.