- Read the conditions to apply and the constraints carefully, and familiarise yourself with the platform.
- Read the programme schedule to familiarise yourselves with the selection process deadlines
- Familiarise yourself with all the documentation in the section 'Documents'. Note that it contains amongst others the guidelines for the required deliverables.
- Identify and consult the endorsing professor or academic who preferably should be your thesis or project supervisor
- Define your project, discuss it and try to find references in the scientific literature about similar research projects
- First and foremost, send a letter of intent together with the filled in ‘Privacy notice and consent form’ to ‘orbityourthesis @ esa.int’. It will act as registration to the OYT!2020 selection process
- After the registration period, write an experiment proposal, a first version of the Experiment Flight Safety Data Package (EFSDP)and fill in the preliminary questionnaire
- Ask your endorsing professor or academic to write a formal letter of endorsement
- Send the experiment proposal together with the preliminary questionnaire, the first version of the EFSDP and the letter of endorsement in one zip file to orbityourthesis @ esa.int
If you have further questions about the programme and cannot find the information you are looking for on the Orbit Your Thesis! pages, please contact us at orbityourthesis @ esa.int.
Please note that the information detailed above is subject to change without prior notice.