ESA launched the ESA_Lab@ initiative in 2016 to create a hub for disruptive innovation and cross-fertilisation. An ESA_Lab@ is:
- A joint initiative between ESA and academia/research institutions located within their own premises.
- Supported by ESA via open data access policy and expertise.
- An institutional link between ESA and universities/academia/research institutions.
- Part of a wider network of ESA_Lab@s.
Each ESA_Lab@ is established through a Memorandum of Collaboration (MoC)
- An MOC is a non-binding agreement between the academia/research institutions and ESA.
- It is open for multiple parties to join, including academia, research institutions and industry.
- It is signed between the dean/president of the institution and ESA’s Director General.
- It establishes a steering committee to guide the foreseen ESA_Lab@ activities.
ESA_Lab@ is a network that:
Interested in the initiative?
As ESA_Lab@ coordinator for your university/research institution you will:
- Stay connected with ESA, reporting back to the internal ESA_Lab@ coordinator who is your ESA counterpart.
- Promote and help implement the activities related to the research topics of your ESA_Lab@.
- Foster the growth of the whole ESA_Lab@ network.
- Foster the contribution of other European space (and non-space) actors through their participation in ESA_Lab@.
- Promote key areas of future importance to ESA by bringing the expertise of your university into the Agency.
- Disseminate knowledge and support by creating new educational materials.
- Support the organisation and communication of joint seminars, conferences and events.
To start your own ESA_Lab@ please contact Isabelle Duvaux-Béchon (isabelle.duvaux-bechon @ esa.int) and Elisabeth Sourgens (elisabeth.sourgens @ esa.int).
If you would like more information on the existing ESA_Lab@s please follow the links below:
|ESA_Lab@TUDa||ESA_Lab@Oxford (signature of MoC on 3 March 2020)|