GOCE Data Announcement of Opportunity released
ESA announces an opportunity aimed at research and application development projects exploiting GOCE (Gravity field and steady-state Ocean Circulation Explorer) products. The call is open to any user worldwide.
The call, which closes on 8 December 2006, aims at promoting preparations for use and exploitation of GOCE standard data products in conjunction with data from other missions such as Envisat, ERS, and Third Party Missions. This announcement seeks proposals principally covering the following objectives:
- Determination of global and regional models of the Earth's gravity field and of the geoid with high spatial resolution and accuracy based on gravity and GPS receiver data products.
- Improvement of the understanding of absolute ocean circulation and sea-level variations via an accurate determination of the geoid by merging GOCE geoid with altimetry data and other space or in-situ data.
- Improvement in knowledge of land and marine ice mass balance using static and time-variable datasets.
- Improvement of the understanding of solid Earth geophysical processes, such as the structure and composition of the continental lithosphere and upper mantle, and of the dynamics of the oceanic lithosphere.
- Geodetic application of the GOCE data products.
- Response to the scientific challenges identified in ESA's Living Planet Programme.
Additionally, the call is open to proposals covering:
- Wider uses of the GOCE Level-1b and Level-2 data.
- Innovative uses of the GOCE gradiometer data in a low Earth orbit.
- Technology and tools development.
For more information about the GOCE Data Announcement of Opportunity please see: http://eopi.esa.int/GOCE