Short description: The ESA Ground Segment CFDP implementation of the CCSDS File Delivery Protocol provides a Java library and a CFDP daemon for reliable and unreliable file transfer between space and ground.
The ESA Ground Segment CFDP implementation provides a full implementation of the CCSDS File Delivery Protocol (CCSDS 727.0-B-4, January 2007).
The implementation includes:
- Support for all CFDP classes (1-4) and Store-and-Forward-Overlay as sender and receiver
- UDP communication and space packet communication layers (TCP communication layer will be supported in the next release)
- Linux/Windows native and FARC filestore implementations
- Well-defined interfaces for adding additional communication layers and filestore implementations
- Java and CORBA interfaces to the CFDP User
- A CFDP daemon that can run stand-alone and a command line interface (e.g., to be used in scripts)
- A graphical user interface for testing purposes
- A (simple) file transfer priority scheme
- An extensible authentication module
The software is completely implemented in Java and has been fully validated on SLES 11 against the ESTEC CFDP Reference Implementation.
It has been used for various studies also on top of DTN communication stacks. The ESA Ground Segment CFDP implementation will be used on ground for future missions supporting CFDP.
Last update: 26 November 2014