Short description: The ESA CFDP implementation for the ground segment of the CCSDS File Delivery Protocol provides a Java library and a daemon implementation for reliable and unreliable file transfer in space and on ground.
The ESA CFDP ground segment implementation provides a full implementation of the CCSDS File Delivery Protocol (CCSDS 727.0-B-4, January 2007).
The implementation includes:
- Support for all CFDP classes (1-4) and Store-and-Forward-Overlay as sender and receiver
- UDP communication and space packet communication layers (TCP communication layer is under implementation)
- Linux/Windows native and FARC filestore implementations
- Well-defined interfaces for adding additional communication layers and filestore implementations
- Java and CORBA interfaces to the CFDP User
- a CFDP daemon that can run stand-alone and a command line interface (e.g., to be used in scripts)
- a graphical user interface for testing purposes
- a (simple) file transfer priority scheme
- an extensible authentication module
The software is completely implemented in Java and has been fully validated on SLES 11. However, it can also be run under Windows.
It has been validated against the ESTEC CFDP Reference Implementation and has been used for various studies also on top of DTN communication stacks. The ESA CFDP ground segment implementation will be used on ground for future missions.
Last update: 25 January 2014