Short description: Suite of satellite simulators
SIMULUS-M is composed of the UMF (Universal Modelling Framework) and a set of Eclipse plug-ins for the Eclipse IDE environment. These plugins can be used to model, code-generate, compile, deploy and debug SMP2 simulators.
There are also companion plug-ins that assist in the generation of the due documentation (requirements and design-level documentation).
The main ingredients of SIMULUS-M are:
- An integrated UML-based modelling tool
- A set of importers to bootstrap the design process (e.g. requirements import) or to allow re-use of existing SMP2 artefacts (e.g. catalogue import)
- A set of validators that help identify problems early
- A set of generators, including documentation, catalogue, package and SMP2 C++ code generators
- A dependency and build management approach that enables cross-platform large-scale modular simulation developments with both source and binary deployments, and
- Integration with the Eclipse C++ development environment
Last but not least, all SIMULUS-M tools are available via both a UI and the command line. The latter enables, for example, batch processing or automation within a modern software engineering approach, such as continuous integration with automated quality analyses and automated testing.
Last update: 25 October 2013