ESA Business Incubation Centres
|Flanders||Sud France||Barcelona||Portugal||Madrid Region||Sweden|
ESA BIC Portugal
The ESA Business Incubation Centre (BIC) Portugal opened in November 2014 and is managed by the University of Coimbra’s Instituto Pedro Nunes, or IPN, in collaboration with Science and Technology Park at University of Porto and DNA Cascais, a non-profit organisation that fosters entrepreneurship in Cascais and the greater Lisbon region.
With 18 years’ experience in business incubation, the institute has supported more than 200 technology and innovation projects.
Local partners include the University of Coimbra, Comissão de Coordenação e Desenvolvimento da Região Centro (CCDR-C), Portugal Ventures, FNABA, DNA Cascais, the University of Porto and several polytechnic institutes.
Three ESA BIC centres are located in Coimbra at IPN, in Porto at the Science and Technology Park of University of Porto, and in Cascais near to Lisbon at DNA Cascais.
Over the first five years, the centre will help 30 Portuguese start-up companies to get their businesses going, creating at least 120 local high-tech jobs.
The companies will receive €1.5 million as seed incentive and be able to tap into an additional €7 million in support.
Your ESA BIC Portugal contact person: Carlos Cerqueira
Instituto Pedro Nunes
Tel: +351 239 700 922
Wish to join an ESA BIC?
- Your idea must be based on space-related technology, expertise and/or application and target the non-space market
- Your company must not be older than five years or you are going to start a new company
- Your company has to be located at and managed from your preferred ESA BIC
Join the ESA BIC by five steps
- Choose ESA BIC where you wish to locate your business
- Contact the ESA BIC manager (email to: )
- Download the Permanent Open Call for Proposal for your application guidance
- Download and fill in the Application Template
- Send your signed and completed application files to the ESA BIC manager.
Why ESA BIC Portugal?
ESA BIC Portugal proposes a strong support structure with different partners.
Companies to be hosted at the centre will have access to :
- personalized assistance and professional business guidance
- training and services
- technical support from the University of Coimbra, the University of Porto and several polytechnic institutes
- support in networking and search for appropriate partners to consolidate the start-ups
- possibilities to participate in investment forums and meeting venture capital investors
Our current and former start-up companies
A list of entrepreneurs and start-up companies hosted will be added.
Last update: 8 February 2017