ESA Business Incubation Centres
ESA Business Incubation Centre Norway
The ESA Business Incubation Centre (BIC) Norway opened in August 2018. The ESA BIC Norway is the 20th to open, joining the European-wide network which provides support to over 150 companies every year in Europe. To date, ESA BIC Incubation Centres (BICs) have fostered 650 new companies.
ESA BIC Norway is managed by Kjeller Innovasjon in the Eastern Norway Region in collaboration with Validé, Norinnova and StartupLab. Through this collaboration, ESA BIC Norway will cover the whole of Norway as a source for supporting relevant business ideas/companies. Over a period of 5 years, we aim to fund and develop 25 new companies, with a target of 5 each year. The companies will be incubated through an incubator partner of their choice.
The Norwegian Space industry is a large and expanding industry that provide services and equipment based on satellites for communication, navigation and earth observation. The two main strategic goals for Norwegian Space activities include: the development of profitable companies and increased employment and coverage of important social security and user needs. The activities at ESA BIC Norway will support these national goals.
Your ESA BIC Norway contact person: Nils Haga
Nils Haga, ESA BIC Norway Manager
Wish to join ESA BIC Norway?
- Your idea must be based on space-related technology, data, expertise and/or application and target the non-space market (downstream), or propose new innovations of potential interest to the space industry (upstream)
- Your company must not be older than five years or you are going to start a new company
- Your company has to be located at and managed from ESA BIC Norway
Join the ESA BIC Norway by these steps
- Contact the ESA BIC Norway manager
- Download the Permanent Open Call for Proposal for your application guidance
- Download and fill in the Application Templates can be requested on this page. on right navigation bar, ready for downloading
- Send your signed and completed application files to the ESA BIC manager.
Why ESA BIC Norway?
Joining the ESA BIC NORWAY network gives your company a stamp of approval. You are given access to a large, relevant network which covers other space start-ups and global industry actors with technical and business expertise.
ESA BIC Norway offers start-ups accepted to enter the centre:
- Grant of €50 000 from ESA and Innovation Norway
- Access to ESA IP for commercialisation
- Technical support through technical partners
- Support to secure further venture capital, loans and grants as needed
- Access to the international ESA BIC community and international ESA events
- Support and advice and access to effective workplaces for up to 24 months
- Preferred access to facilities, experts, suppliers and investment capital
- Access to space technologies that can be retrieved from Earth Observation data, Global Navigation Satellite Systems (Galileo, GPS, Glonass, Beldou) and ESA Patent Portfolio.
More details on the application process here.
ESA BIC Norway offers business incubation support at the following premisses:
Contact Kjeller Innovation for more information on the different business incubation sites.
Last update: 21 August 2018