ESA Business Incubation Centres
ESA BIC Harwell
The ESA Business Incubation Centre in Harwell, UK, started its operations in 2011 and is managed by the Science and Technology Facilities Council (STFC).
It is located at Harwell Campus, a world leading science, technology and business campus based in South Oxfordshire with more than 4,500 researchers, engineers and innovators from over 150 high-tech organisations, and a focal point and cluster for the UK’s rapidly growing high-tech space community.
Your ESA BIC Harwell contact person: Michael Norris
Wish to join an ESA BIC?
- Your idea must be based on space-related technology, expertise and/or application and target the non-space market
- Your company must not be older than five years or you are going to start a new company
- Your company have to be located at and managed from your preferred ESA BIC
Join the ESA BIC by five steps
- Choose ESA BIC where you wish to locate your business
- Contact the ESA BIC manager (email to: )
- Download the Permanent Open Call for Proposal for your application guidance
- Download and fill in the Application Template
- Send your signed and completed application files to the ESA BIC manager.
Why ESA BIC Harwell?
ESA BIC Harwell provides a unique opportunity to access world class scientific facilities and research including that of the Diamond Light Source and STFC’s Rutherford Appleton Laboratory (RAL) – home to its internationally renowned space science department RAL Space, the world’s most powerful pulsed neutron source ISIS and the Central Laser Facility.
The BIC is also the location of the UK ESA Centre and the International Space Innovation Centre (ISIC), which will bring together the best of the British space sector, industry and academia in collaboration with international partners.
Our current and former start-up companies
For list of entrepreneurs and start-up companies hosted, see link on right navigation bar.
Last update: 9 May 2016