4th System & CE Workshop 2010
The ESA Directorate for Technical and Quality Management and the Concurrent Design Facility are organising the fourth International Workshop on System and Concurrent Engineering for Space Applications, in partnership with the Ecole Polytechnique Federale de Lausanne (EPFL), to be hosted in Lausanne, Switzerland on 13-14-15 October 2010.
The aim of the workshop is to gather together participants from space and non-space institutions, industry and academia interested in the System and Concurrent Engineering (SE&CE) and to provide a forum to share their experience and discuss innovation and future plans for SE&CE.
The Workshop will be organised around the following topics:
- Industrial practices of SE in aerospace and other industries
- New processes and methodologies for SE: related results, effectiveness
- Applications of SE&CE in all phases of the project life cycle, including influence on phasing and procurement approach
- Methods, enabling technologies, tools and engineering design models for SE&CE applications
- Creation, operations and distribution of concurrent design centres (infrastructures, functions, architectures)
- Coordination and interoperability of CE facilities in European organisations (services, standards, security, processes, data models)
- Cost and schedule effectiveness of SE&CE practices, including business models and evaluation tools
- Innovative ideas and initiatives for future developments in SE&CE
- SE&CE success stories and lessons learned in all phases of the project life cycle
- New design approaches for Complex Systems and Systems of Systems
- Knowledge management and capitalisation techniques for SE&CE
- Lean engineering processes
- SE&CE for nanosat and cubesat design
- Adoption of Model Based System Engineering (MBSE) in SE&CE practices
Call for Papers
Authors are invited to submit a one page abstract containing the following information:
- Name of contact person, affiliation and contact details
- Title and summary of the paper (max. 1200 words)
- Proposed topic and presentation preference for the paper
- Full name of all co-author(s)
Abstracts should be submitted to the ESA Conference Bureau using the on-line form available in the related link.
Authors will be notified of the acceptance of their paper and then receive instructions for the preparation of the final paper for the Workshop proceedings.
For details refer to the related links