Long term monitoring tool (LTM)
|SW006 - Abstract:|
|The European Space Agency has developed a tool for automating long term monitoring tasks, reducing the time and effort taken to perform them. The output of the tool is given in Excel files, which is very convenient if the user needs to perform any post-processing of the results. It also provides a way of plotting groups of parameters in the same figure and to save those plots in four different file formats. License agreements are sought.|
Description of the offer:
Traditionally, long term monitoring tasks in space operations are done in a semi-automatic way where the collection of data is done using MUST (Mission Utility & Support Tools). Further data integration, manipulation and analysis are done using Excel. Performing these activities manually can be time consuming.
The Long Term Monitoring tool (developed as a MUST client) automates all basic long term monitoring tasks. It provides a fast and easy way of processing many parameters. The tool is more focused on long term monitoring tasks; however some of the tasks are useful for daily operations.
Some of the tasks that can be performed using LTM tool are:
- Tracking of system configuration changes
- Performance of stable telemetry parameter statistics to identify and quantify possible parameter trends
- Indication of onboard status parameter changes in order to balance the usage of units with available redundancy and to minimise ON/OFF cycles
- Fast and automated generation of plots from TM parameter groups
- Procedures for on-board performance degradation monitoring used for more sophisticated processing
Innovations and advantages:
The purpose of the LTM tool is to automate long term monitoring tasks, reducing the time and effort taken to perform them. This will help system engineers and controllers, in particular for spacecraft, to quickly identify possible causes of unit failures in the future.
Domain of application:
The development of this tool started as a result of the Rosetta Long Term Monitoring Plan. Despite this origin the tool evolved in order to accommodate more functionalities and become a multi-mission MUST client. It may be used for any applications with requirements similar to those of space mission long-term monitoring.
- Computer Services
- Computer Software
- Monitoring equipment
- Industrial Equipment and Machinery
- Utilities and related firms
Last update: 10 January 2013