ESA IP-Cores Day - 2nd edition
On the 16th of September 2013 the 2nd ESA IP-Cores day will take place at ESA/ESTEC, in EINSTEIN meeting room.
Aim of the day is to exchange information, lessons learnt and to discuss with relevant European Space Industry some of the benefits and challenges of both developing and using IP-Cores for space integrated circuits., The current status of ESA IP-Cores offer will be presented at the beginning of the day, followed by a series of short Industry presentations showing IP user and IP development experiences, to then collect at the end ideas for improving the ESA IP Core offer.
- Introduction (10:00 – 11:00)
- IP-Core based design methodology, ESA (Fossati)
- Current ESA IP-Cores offer and on-going developments, ESA (Fossati)
- Industry Experience in Using/Designing IP-Cores (11:00 – 14:15)
- ASIC, FPGA, ASSPs platforms development through IP-Cores re-use, Atmel (Bancelin)
- TTEthernet 2.0 IP Cores for Space, TTTech (Make-Kail)
Coffee Break: 11:30 – 11:45
- SITAEL IP Cores, Sitael (Bigongiari)
- New features and IP Cores in the GRLIB IP Library, Aeroflex Gaisler (Andersson)
- IP-Cores design using SEE mitigation techniques for Flash-based FPGAsESA (Furano, Urbina)
- Remote terminal Macrocells, Maya Tech. (Mercier)
- Lunch: 12:30 – 13:30
- Experience in developing SpaceWire and SpaceFibre IP Cores, Star-Dundee (Parkes)
- Advanced CCSDS File Delivery Protocol Hardware IP Core, TU Braunschweig (Berekovich)
- Analog IP-Cores (14:45 – 16:00)
- Analogue and Mixed-Signal IP cores for Space: Status and Challenges, ESA (R. Jansen)
- Analog rad hard ASICs for cosmic vision - reusability of IP-Cores, Arquimea (Gutierrez)
- Rad-hard, high-performance analog and high-voltage IP in 0.18um CMOS (DARE), ICSense (De Muer)
- Development of RHBD mixed-signal ASICs and IP-Blocks in AMS-0.35um, IMSE-CNM-CSIC / Universidad de Sevilla (Meana)
- Round-Table – 11 years of ESA IP-Cores service (16:15 – 16:55)
- Discussion on the status of the ESA IP-Core service, brainstorming on negative and positive aspects, improvements for the future both in terms of the service and of the IP-Cores part of the offer.
- Q/A and Conclusions (16:45 – 17:00)
A copy of the slides presented during the workshop can be downloaded from the links posted on the right side of this page.
For more information on the workshop and on the ESA IP-Cores please refer to Luca Fossati
Last update: 26 September 2013