The domain of physiology in human spaceflight covers a fairly wide range of subjects, much of which contributes to the understanding of the human organism in general, whether living on Earth or in weightless or low-gravity space.
The human physiology subjects supported by ESA's space research endeavours are listed below, and further elaborated on by looking at the full stories.
- Musculo-skeletal system : Bone and Muscle loss
- Cardiovascular and cardiopulmonary systems
- Pulmonary Function
- Neuro-sensory system, orientation and equilibrium, motion sickness
- Sleep & circadian rhythm
- Biological effects of radiation
- Other regulation systems: Endocrine, Immune and fluid/blood regulation systems
Last update: 16 January 2008