..ESA Business Incubation Centres
ESA BIC Flanders
The ESA Business Incubation Centre (BIC) Flanders in Belgium was founded in 2012 and is managed by Innotek, the knowledge centre for innovation and technology in the Province of Antwerp.
Collaborating with local partners, the scientific expertise of these institutions complement the start-ups’ technical development in the fields of electronics, nanotechnology, telecommunications, navigation systems, nuclear science, bio-engineering, radiology, life science, and Earth observation.
ESA BIC Flanders start-ups are hosted at Innotek's two technology houses, one in Geel and the other one in Mol, with offices and laboratory space for entrepreneurs.
Contact person: Mr. Luc Peeters
2440 Geel, Belgium
Tel: +32 14 570 570
Fax: +32 14 570 560
Wish to join an ESA BIC?
- Your idea must be based on space-related technology, expertise and/or application and target the non-space market
- Your company must not be older than five years or you are going to start a new company
- Your company have to be located at and managed from your preferred ESA BIC
Join the ESA BIC by five steps
- Choose ESA BIC where you wish to locate your business
- Contact the ESA BIC manager (email to: )
- Download the Permanent Open Call for your application guidance
- Download and fill in the Application Template
- Send your signed and completed application files to the ESA BIC manager.
Why ESA BIC Flanders?
ESA BIC Flanders helps knowledge-intensive start-up companies with business development by providing support, counselling and flexible offices and lab space.
Innotek carries out economic development projects, offering a firm seedbed for innovative ideas and contributing to the increase of employment in Belgium’s Flemish region.
As Innotek is not located close to an ESA aerospace centre, it has teamed up with the renowned Flemish research institutions VITO, SCK•CEN and IMEC to act as technical partner for the ESA BIC Flanders.
Our current and former start-up companies
Visit 'incubatees' currently during start-up and alumni from ESA BIC Flanders here.
Last update: 6 November 2013