Please note: This information relates to ESA's 2008 astronaut selection process only. Future astronaut selection processes and timelines may differ.
How can I apply?
You can apply online via the ESA web portal(www.esa.int/astronautselection).
Registration is in two steps:
- Pre-registration: provide identity information and a JAR-FCL 3, Class 2 medical examination certificate or equivalent, from an Aviation Medical Examiner who has been certified by his/her national Aviation Medical Authority; or alternatively the ESA Medical Statement, approved by a physician;
- A password then allows you to access the application form.
What are the steps in the selection process?
- initial selection according to basic criteria;
- psychological tests for selected candidates;
- second round of psychological tests and interviews;
- medical tests;
- job interview.
The final list of applicants will be submitted to the Director General of the European Space Agency for recruitment.
Where can I apply?
Registration takes place online. The application website will be made available from 19 May 2008. The closing date for applications is 16 June 2008. The selected candidates will be informed about the locations for the testing and interviews.