Name our Mascot competition - Rules and regulations
1. The competition is organised by ESA Education.
2. The competition is open to children aged between 4 and 12 years old and who reside in one of ESA’s 20 Member States or Cooperating States *.
3. Children of staff and onsite contractors working for ESA during the timeframe of the competition cannot participate.
4. Only one entry per person or per group is permitted. Children participating in a group submission cannot submit other individual entries.
5. The competition will accept entries until 18:00 CET (17:00 GMT) on 29 March 2013.
6. Entries must be submitted via the online form found on the right of the Contest page.
7. Entries can be submitted in all European languages.
8. Full name, date of birth, email address, name of school and geographical location of participant must be entered on the online form. In the case of group submissions, a group member should be chosen as group representative and should fill in his/her details.
9. Entries will be accepted only if the online form is complete; the explanation of why the name has been chosen and proposed should not exceed the allocated space.
10. Names submitted will be evaluated by a panel of judges composed of ESA Communication and Education officers.
11. Names will be judged by a) how ‘catchy’ the name is, and b) how easy it is to pronounce and remember in various languages. Should a winning name be submitted by different people, judges will first choose based on the reasons behind the name, and if this still leaves more than one participant for a name, by drawing a participant’s name from a hat. The decisions of the judges are final.
12. Ten finalists will be selected, from which a grand winner will be selected. ESA will ask for parents’ permission to include a picture of the child in an article announcing the winners.
13. Prizes will be awarded to all ten finalists.
For further information, please contact:
* ESA Member States in 2013
Last update: 15 February 2013