The material in the ESA Video Archive is made available to independent producers under the following general terms and conditions:
- Broadcast use of ESA material is free-of-charge. This includes selling a given programme to several broadcasters and international syndication.
- Non-broadcast use of ESA material (e.g. home video, Internet, DVD, etc.) is possible, provided ESA holds the relevant copyright of the material. There are two possibilities:
- Payment of a license fee. For applicable rates, see Fees for non-broadcast use of ESA Video.
- Negotiation of a co-branding agreement. For details, see Co-branding agreements in conjunction with the use of ESA video material.
- For the provision of tapes, technical and duplication costs are charged. Should you request this service, you will be notified about the costs and the payment method.
- Broadcast use of ESA material is covered by the Authorisation to use ESA footage which every registered professional needs to comply with. For any non-broadcast use of ESA material, a license agreement must be concluded between the independent producer and ESA. Any license agreement covers one given programme at a time. For any re-use of ESA material, a new license agreement must be concluded.