Internal Research Fellow opportunities 2018
The Advanced Concepts Team is looking for new motivated member of the team by offering Internal Research Fellows (post-doc) opportunities in the following area:
To enter this call, please submit your applications for position no later than February 22.
Research Fellows in the Advanced Concepts Team
The position of Research Fellow at ESA’s Advanced Concepts Team is similar to a regular academic Post-Doc placement, however with a few notable key differences:
1. ACT RFs have no teaching obligations. However, they will likely be involved in the mentoring of Young Graduate Trainees and stagiaires (student interns) within the team.
2. As the team does not have a professor-like position, ACT RFs are academically more independent than most post-docs. This implies more freedom but also more responsibility for their research directions and approaches.
3. ACT RFs are joining a diverse, changing and interdisciplinary research team embedded in a large space agency, in contrast to a more specialised, focused research group with close or similar competences.
4. ACT RFs need to actively reach out to other disciplines, to bring in their competences to interdisciplinary research projects and to encourage other researchers to join them in their core research projects (research at the intersections of disciplines).
5. ACT RFs need to communicate their expertise and research results internally and externally, including potential implications and importance for ESA’s long-term strategy.
Please fill in the online application form attaching to it, in one document only, your CV, motivation letter and your research proposal.
Candidates must also arrange for up to three letters of reference to be sent by e-mail, before the deadline, to email@example.com. The letters must be sent by the referees themselves with the candidate’s name mentioned in the subject of the email.
Applications satisfying the general conditions for eligibility and submitted by 22 February 2018 , will be evaluated and successful applicants will be invited for an interview. All applications will be considered until the available post is filled.
If you have questions about the Research Fellowship in the Advanced Concepts Team, please write an email to .