Free Search (24963 images)
Artist's view of Vega-C
- Title Artist's view of Vega-C
- Released 16/11/2017 10:10 am
- Copyright ESA–Jacky Huart, 2017
Vega is designed to cope with a wide range of missions and payload configurations in order to respond to different market opportunities.
Vega-C main objectives are :
- to strengthen Vega’s position in the market in the short to medium term;
- to increase launch vehicle performance by at least 300 kg and increase the flexibility for multiple payloads missions;
- to be able to introduce the Vega C configuration to the market from end-2018 at a cost no higher than today’s Vega, profiting from the shared development with Ariane 6 of the first-stage motor;
- to reduce the dependency on non-European sources in launcher production at no extra cost;
- to respond better to long-term institutional needs;
- to help maintain European industrial engineering capabilities, particularly in propulsion, in parallel to the Vega and Vega-C exploitation.
Additional improvements are being studied to enable Vega to carry micro- and nanosatellites in order to be cost-effective in this emerging market.
- Id 386731
Thank you for rating!
You have already rated this page, you can only rate it once!