Free Search (23952 images)
Nine years of ESA's class of 2009 astronauts
- Title Nine years of ESA's class of 2009 astronauts
- Released 08/09/2018 4:17 pm
- Copyright ESA
ESA’s class of 2009 astronaut reported for their first day at work at the European Astronaut Centre in Cologne, Germany, 3 September 2009. The six started their first days of 18-month basic training in preparation for missions to the International Space Station and beyond.
The new astronauts were:
- Samantha Cristoforetti, from Milan, Italy.
- Alexander Gerst, from Künzelsau, Germany.
- Andreas Mogensen, from Copenhagen, Denmark.
- Luca Parmitano, from Paternò, Italy.
- Timothy Peake, from Chichester, UK.
- Thomas Pesquet, from Rouen, France.
Each astronaut has already flown to the International Space Station. A new recruit, Matthias Maurer, joined the ESA astronaut corps in 2015.
This collage shows scenes from nine years of training and spaceflight.
- Id 399258
Thank you for rating!
You have already rated this page, you can only rate it once!