Free Search (4289 videos)
Celebrate Rosetta science
- Title Celebrate Rosetta science
- Released: 29/09/2016
- Length 02:58:07
- Language English
- Footage Type Live Footage
- Copyright ESA
Rosetta science experts present the key discoveries made at Comet 67P/Churyumov–Gerasimenko, in a dedicated briefing at ESA’s European Space Operations Centre on 29 September, ahead of the mission’s finale on 30 September.
The briefing features experts speaking on the following topics:
- Matt Taylor (ESA’s Rosetta Project Scientist): Introduction
- Mohamed El-Maarry (OSIRIS team, University of Bern): Landscapes of Chury
- Valerie Ciarletti (CONSERT team, Universités Paris-Saclay): Getting the ground truth about the nucleus
- Thurid Mannel (MIDAS team, University of Graz): Dust under the microscope
- Jean-Baptiste Vincent (OSIRIS team, Max-Planck Institute for Solar Physics, Göttingen): Cometary activity and fireworks
- Andre Bieler (ROSINA team, University of Bern/University of Michigan): Comet activity variation and evolution
- Charlotte Goetz (RPC team, Institute for Extra-terrestrial Physics, TU Braunschweig): The singing comet
- Cecila Tubiana (OSIRIS team, Max-Planck Institute for Solar Physics, Göttingen): Rosetta’s link to Earth
- Kathrin Altwegg (ROSINA team, University of Bern): The cometary zoo
- Björn Davidsson (Asteroids, Comets and Satellites Group, JPL): Formation of our Solar System
- Matt Taylor: Final comments and close
Thank you for rating!
You have already rated this page, you can only rate it once!