Free Search (2403 videos)
What A Wonderful World?
- Title What A Wonderful World?
- Length 00:21:26
- Language English, French, Spanish
- Footage Type Documentary
- Copyright ESA
General presentation of ERS-1. The video includes:
- 01:02 View taken by ERS-1 of land
- 01:27 shorts video clips of air-polluted city, deforestation, queues of cars, factories, melting ice, flooding, desert, ships, ice-landscape, landscapes, waves, volcanic eruption, oil-rig fires,
- 04:00 animation of landscape and clouds
- 04:28 the Earth as a planet
- 05:00 launch of a generic satellite illustrating observing Earth from a satellite being the easiest way of monitoring changes on the Earth, with some generic intro on Earth monitoring satellites
- 05:18 European Remote Sensing Satellite ERS-1.
- 05:32 ERS-1 was launch 17 July 1991
- 06:04 Overall presentation of ERS-1, with video animation illustrating its functionality
- 07:48 ERS-1 instruments and their description. 3 radar instruments (Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR), Wind Scatterometer, Radar Altimeter(RA) ) and 2 passive instruments (Along-Track Scanning Radiometer (ATSR), Microwave Radiometer).
- 08:30 Size of data acquired by ERS-1
- 08:48 ESA Ground Station Kiruna
- 09:02 For the first time civilian ships were taking the north passage over Russia.
- 09:27 Waters and ice situation were monitored by the ERS-1 SAR used to guide the ships. The ice maps generated by ERS-1 SAR were used to find the path through, illustrated a practical example of the use of the SAR
- 09:53 Different ERS images on seas and coastal lines
- 10:21 Oil spill spotted near French Cote da’sur
- 10:26 Amazone zone showing areas of forest being cleared
- 10:38 Geological maps
- 10:44 Date processing of ERS-1 data produces 3-d images
- 11:17 Animation of ERS-1 over Earth
- 11:28 More images
- 12:15 Ships at sea, high waves
- 12:43 Geologist working on interpreting the images, at PCs
- 13:40 Radar Altimeter explanation
- 15:55 Green house gasses, with CO2 maps
- 16:17 ERS Microwave Radiometer used to calibrate other ERS-1 instruments
- 16:38 ERS-1 ground section description
- 19:00 Environmental changes and how ERS-1 can help to understand this better
Thank you for rating!
You have already rated this page, you can only rate it once!