The Mil-1553 test-bed
The Mil-1553 test-bed in the Avionics Lab provides a facility for prototyping, simulation and verification of on-board bus protocols and services. The complete system includes hardware and software components: various processor boards (PC, ERC32, Leon), I/O boards, harness and software tools. All the layers of the protocols are covered, from the physical layer to the application layer.
- Record the Bus traffic and check for the CS, ME and correctness of CW DW SW response time and inter-message gap.
- Post analysis of the bus traffic.
- Complete set of harness which enables to emulate various configuration of the bus network. Possibility of discontinuities injection in the physical data bus.
- Prototyping at the level of ECSS-50-13C for PC and Leon board.
- Measure of signal margins (amplitude, rise and fall time, zero crossing etc...)
- Measure of noise impact, measure of BER
- Error Injection (Parity, Manchester, Bit and Word Count etc...)
- Any Instrument or a representative unit like bread board or Engineering Model can swap any simulated RT for testing in representative bus traffic.
- Herschel/Planck Transfer Layer Protocol
- Prototype, simulate and verify the Satellite Data Bus Protocol (SDBP)
- Perform on-board equipment (units) I/F compatibility verification at SDBP level
- Check the requirements by detecting possible:
- Conflict between requirements
- Wrong and/or ambiguous requirements
- Missing requirements
- ECSS-E-50-13 Prototyping
- VEGA Physical Layer
- Impact of nominal I/F activity on redundant I/F (noise)
- ERA project
- Measure of the signal integrity & electrical characteristics for the MMI EGSE Mil-1553 I/F. Check bus traffic for CS and ME.