Conditions to apply
Students who would like to participate in an ESA Academy training course must comply with the following criteria at the time of the application:
- be aged between 18 and 32;
- be a citizen of an ESA Member or Cooperating State*;
- be a full-time student in a university of an ESA Member or Cooperating State* (not graduating before the training course)
- be studying a scientific or engineering subject.
Note that for each course, the profile of the eligible students will be specified.
In order to assess the application, a review board will:
- check the eligibility of the student,
- the validity of the application: online form fully completed and all additional documents provided,
- take into account various criteria, such as: student’s profile and its correlation with the specific course, how the student will benefit from this specific course, the motivation of the student, the academic records, and the recommendation from the professor.
- priority will be given to students who have not yet been sponsored for an ESA Academy opportunity.
Note that due to the large amount of applications, ESA's Education Office will not provide feedback to non-selected students.
* ESA Member States
Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, The Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and the United Kingdom, Canada (Associate Member).
European Cooperating States
Bulgaria, Latvia, Lithuania, Slovakia, Cyprus
If you are a citizen of a Cooperating State, ESA will first have to contact your national delegation (the relevant space authority in your country) to confirm that they agree to financially support you to join this event.
Please note that the information detailed above is subject to change without prior notice.
Last update: 15 September 2016