ISS 3-D Teaching Tool: Spaceflight Challenge I
|Level:||lower secondary, upper secondary|
|Language:||Dansk, Deutsch, English, Español, Ελληνικά, Français, Italiano, Nederlands, Norsk, Português, Suomi, Svenska|
|Format:||CD-Rom and downloadable application|
Become an astronaut on the International Space Station! Spaceflight Challenge 1 features science topics from across the secondary schools European curricula.
This product can be enjoyed as a role playing adventure game or as a set of interactive exercises that can be accessed in any order. Full scientific explanations and background information are provided.
Spaceflight Challenge 1 includes:
- A fully navigable 3-D model of the interior and exterior of the International Space Station (ISS) orbiting above the Earth.
- 26 science tasks, each with 3 or 4 interactive subtasks, a link to reference material, and a scientific simulation for students to experiment with.
- Access to detailed scores and reports for teachers.
- Teacher access to guides and classroom tools.
- 60 data cards with information about the ISS facilities.
- 6 spontaneous challenges which students must solve in real time
- Two 3-D simulation activities.
- A video briefing about the ISS and life on board.
The didactical content of the ISS 3-D Teaching Tool has been developed together with the Norwegian Space Centre (NSC) and the Norwegian National Centre for Space Related Education (NAROM).
The ISS 3-D Teaching Tool is also available as a free download for teachers and pupils. You can register for the download version by using the order materials link on the right side.