Novacom Services applied satellite navigation and telecommunications technology to the development, demonstration and promotion of an Internet Services platform for fleet management.
The service can be used for:
- fleet management (e.g. trucks, trailers)
- vehicle position tracking
- messaging with drivers
- rota management
- monitoring of hazardous materials
Features of the service include:
- vehicle positions displayed on a map (optional Tele Atlas maps)
- position on demand (depending on the telecom operator)
- trip distance and time
- alarm on entering or leaving a zone, or triggered by a sensor value
The project was initiated in September 2002 and completed in January 2004.
Last update: 8 February 2006