What applications and missions does Quality Management and Assurance enable?
Quality management and assurance is present in all Agency missions, from concept to launch and beyond; during utilisation of the spacecraft up until its final disposal. The lessons learned— sometimes through painful experience and accidents— are applied to new missions, whether it is by improving our methods, by using better materials or by training our teams more effectively.
So, what specific activities are performed by quality management and assurance teams?
Here is just a short list of some:
- Development and implementation of Quality Management Systems
- Audits and inspections of systems, processes and products
- Reviews of design, manufacturing and testing outputs
- Management of anomalies and non-conformances
- Definition and tailoring of standards
- Contribution to and application of lessons learned
- Development and maintenance of quality information systems and tools
Last update: 30 September 2009