ESA Business Incubation Centres
ESA BIC Madrid Region
The ESA Business Incubation Centre (BIC) Madrid Region opens in 2015 and is managed by Fundación madri+d (Madrimasd Knowledge Foundation) and supported by the Regional Government of Madrid. The programme is 50% co-financed by ESA and by the Regional Ministry of Economical Affairs, Employment and Treasury. ESA funding has been guaranteed through the Spanish Delegation at the ESA, consisting of the Ministry of Industry, Energy and Tourism through its General Secretariat of Industry and Small and Medium Enterprises, and the Center for Development Industrial technology (CDTI).
ESA BIC Madrid Region is managed by:
Regional and national partner institutions include: Madrid Aerospace Cluster - Madrid Aeronautical and Space Platform (MPAE), the Spanish Official Association of Telecommunication Engineers (COIT), Madrid Science Park (PCM), the National Institute for Innovation Financing (ENISA) and the National Institute of Aerospace Technology (INTA).
ESA BIC Madrid Region partners:
Fundación madri+d is a reference centre for science and technology in the Region of Madrid with extensive experience of 20 years in the creation and consolidation of science and technology-based startups.
Your ESA BIC Madrid Region contact person: Carlos Romero
Carlos Romero, Manager
Fundación para el Conocimiento Madri+d
Av. de las Arcas del Agua nº 2
28905 Getafe, Madrid, Spain
Tel: +34 616 454 374
Wish to join an ESA BIC?
- Your idea must be based on space-related technology, expertise and/or application and target the non-space market
- Your company must not be older than five years or you are going to start a new company
- Your company have to be located at and managed from your preferred ESA BIC
Join the ESA BIC by five steps
- Choose ESA BIC where you wish to locate your business
- Contact the ESA BIC manager (email to: )
- Download the Permanent Open Call for Proposal for your application guidance
- Download and fill in the Application Templates on right navigation bar, ready for downloading
- Send your signed and completed application files to the ESA BIC manager.
Why ESA BIC Madrid Region?
ESA BIC Madrid Region proposes a strong support structure with different partners and the selected companies hosted at ESA BIC Madrid Region will have access to :
- personalized assistance offered by the referent support structure, i.e. professional business guidance
- training and services provided by Fundación madri+d
- the opportunity to be supported by business appointments in other regions
- strong technical support of the partner institutions
- customized support for finding national and international financial and engineering partners
- support in investment readiness and financing search
Headquarters is at Comunidad de Madrid Centre for Entrepreneurship located the south of Madrid in Getafe which provides a comprehensive support services centre for entrepreneurs playing a pivotal role covering the entire regional territory.
Incubation Premises: Business incubation is offered at four technology houses promoted by five of the most renowned public universities and by S&T Centers, with offices and laboratory space for entrepreneurs:
UPM Montegancedo Business Incubator in Pozuelo, Madrid West
Main sectors: ICT, engineering, construction, transport, logistics, aerospace, agrofood, environment, software solutions, energy, chemistry, materials, automotive, automation, robotics.
PCM Business Incubator in Tres Cantos, Madrid North
Main sectors: ICT, chemistry (chem-incubators), health, life science (including bio-incubators), nanomaterials and nanotechnologies (nano-incubators), environment and renewable energies.
UC3M Leganés Tecnológico Business Incubator in Leganés, Madrid South
Main sectors: aerospace, software solutions, bioengineering and health, energy and environment, materials, robotics, telecoms, automotive.
URJC Móstoles Tecnológico Business Incubator in Mostoles, Madrid South
Main sectors: health, software solutions, energy, security, life sciences, telecoms, education/social, automotive, industry, environment.
Business Support: The start-ups´ business development is reinforced with the support of:
- Fundación Madri+d, facilitating access to its start-up consolidation services:
- Business Training covering business plans, management skills, investment readiness, online marketing, legal Advice and access to madri+d experts
- Business legal, tax and accounting advisory services
- Mentoring business growth and consolidation including access to madri+d Mentoring Network (Red Mentores Madrid). Mentors are successful entrepreneurs, managers or experts with extensive experience in the creation, growth and/or consolidation of companies
- Support in seeking public and private funding and access to madri+d Business Angel Network (BAN madri+d) and Investment Forums
- Support in the dissemination new technology business, i.e. through its S&T leader website www.madrimasd.org with the inclusion of news, videos , interviews, etc.
- Other partners including: Madrid Aerospace Cluster, Madrid Aeronautical and Space Platform (MPAE), facilitating access to more than 50 partner companies; COIT, the Spanish Official College of Telecommunication Engineers with more than 12,000 members; Madrid Network through its public-private network of more than 750 partners.
Technical support: The start-ups’ technical development is complemented with technological and scientific expertise of universities and R&D institutions (UPM, UC3M, URJC, PCM (UAM, UCM, CSIC, CIEMAT), ESA-ESAC and INTA including:
- Promoting research and innovation to meet the socio-economic needs of its surroundings.
- Driving cooperation between the different members of the research and innovation system: government, businesses, universities, research centres and interface organisations.
- Information and advice on research projects, technological development and innovation.
- Collaborative R&D and Technology Development projects by research groups at the Universities, Joint Research Units and Innovation and Technology Centers.
- Access to scientific-technical infrastructures, laboratories or Computing Center.
- Support in the protection of industrial and intellectual property (patents and licenses) and advice in technology management.
- Internships, final degree projects and doctoral thesis by students from science and engineering schools.
- Information and advice on grants, vacancies, contracts, or educational agreements
ESA Business Incubation Centres
A list of entrepreneurs and start-up companies hosted will be added.
Last update: 9 May 2016