ESA Business Incubation Centres
ESA Business Incubation Centre Switzerland
ESA Business Incubation Centre (BIC) Switzerland is a virtual and nationwide initiative that started in the fourth quarter 2016 and is managed by ETH Zurich, in collaboration with Venturelab, Impact Hub Zurich and AP Swiss.
Together with a broad partner network, ESA BIC Switzerland offers an opportunity for entrepreneurs with a link to space technologies in order to realise their innovative ideas and transfer technologies from space to Earth or from Earth to space.
So that doesn't mean rocket science, but applies to multiple application fields such as navigation and positioning, communication techniques, Earth observation, materials, processes, signals or robotics.
So let's see how much space is hidden in your innovative business idea!
ESA BIC Switzerland partners
Your ESA BIC Switzerland contact person: Nanja Strecker
Wish to join an ESA BIC?
- Your idea must be based on space-related technology, expertise and/or application
- Your company must not be older than five years or you are going to start a new company
Join the ESA BIC by five steps
- Choose ESA BIC where you wish to locate your business
- Contact the ESA BIC manager (email to: email@example.com )
- Download the Permanent Open Call for Proposal for your application guidance
- Download and fill in the Application Templates on right navigation bar, ready for downloading
- Send your signed and completed application files to the ESA BIC manager.
Why ESA BIC Switzerland ?
- Up to €200k in seed financing
- Access to broad network of corporate and research partners
- Access to ESA network and facilities and European ESA BIC network
- Business support: by selected corporations
- Technical support: up to 80 hours by companies and research organisations
- Networking amongst relevant start-up peers, and access to Impact Hubs in Switzerland
Three major partners with a fourth soon to come provide access to office space for start-ups at different locations across Switzerland: The Impact Hub network, Venture Kick and the Technopark Zurich and the soon-to-open Innovation Park Zürich.
Office accommodation is offered at rates below market rates and includes access to the necessary infrastructure, shared working spaces, shared secretariat, meeting rooms and cafeteria.
Our current and former start-up companies
Since our launch in November 2016 we incubated 19 start-ups. Please see here for further information on them: www.esabic.ch/startups/
Last update: 28 February 2019