ESA Business Incubation Centres
|Flanders||Sud France||Barcelona||Portugal||Madrid Region||Sweden|
ESA Business Incubation Centre Switzerland
ESA Business Incubation Centre (BIC) Switzerland is a virtual and nationwide initiative that started in the fourth quarter 2016 and is managed by ETH Zurich, in collaboration with IFJ, Impact Hub Zurich and AP Swiss.
Together with a broad partner network, ESA BIC Switzerland offers an opportunity for entrepreneurs with a link to space technologies in order to realise their innovative ideas and transfer technologies from space to other areas of the economy.
So that doesn't mean rocket science, but applies to multiple application fields such as navigation and positioning, communications techniques, Earth observation, materials, processes, signals or robotics.
So let's see how much space is hidden in your innovative business idea!
Your ESA BIC Switzerland contact person: Nanja Strecker
Wish to join an ESA BIC?
- Your idea must be based on space-related technology, expertise and/or application and target the non-space market
- Your company must not be older than five years or you are going to start a new company
- Your company has to be located at and managed from your preferred ESA BIC
Join the ESA BIC by five steps
- Choose ESA BIC where you wish to locate your business
- Contact the ESA BIC manager (email to: firstname.lastname@example.org )
- Download the Permanent Open Call for Proposal for your application guidance
- Download and fill in the Application Templates on right navigation bar, ready for downloading
- Send your signed and completed application files to the ESA BIC manager.
Why ESA BIC Switzerland ?
- Up to 500k € in seed financing
- Access to broad network of corporate and research partners
- Access to ESA network and facilities and European ESA BIC network
- Business support: by cutting-edge IFJ programs, and by selected corporations
- Technical support: up to 80 hours by companies and research organisations
- Networking amongst relevant start-up peers, and access to Impact Hubs in Switzerland
Three major partners with a fourth soon to come provide access to office space for start-ups at different locations across Switzerland: The Impact Hub network, Venture Kick and the Technopark Zurich and the soon-to-open Innovation Park Zürich.
Office accommodation is offered at rates below market rates and includes access to the necessary infrastructure, shared working spaces, shared secretariat, meeting rooms and cafeteria.
Our current and former start-up companies
The first three start-ups were selected in November 2016:
- ‘TWINGTEC’ working on the next generation of wind energy technology
- ‘LIGENTEC’ revolutionizing the data transmission by using more optical channels to transmit more data in one fiber
- ‘INSOLIGHT’ that is reinventing solar energy harvesting, based on innovation in optics and the use of highly efficient space technologies.
Last update: 29 September 2017