ESA Business Incubation Centres
|Flanders||Sud France||Barcelona||Portugal||Madrid Region||Sweden|
ESA BIC Darmstadt
The ESA Business Incubation Centre in Darmstadt (ESA BIC Darmstadt), Germany, was founded in 2007 and is managed by Centrum für Satellitennavigation Hessen (cesah).
The centre offers business start-up support as well as technical expertise in different space related areas, and in particular in satellite navigation, data systems, software systems and navigation test environments.
Your contact person: Dr. Frank Zimmermann
Dr. Frank Zimmermann, Managing Director
Centrum für Satellitennavigation Hessen GmbH
D-64293 Darmstadt, Germany
Tel: +49 (0)6151 3921561-2
Fax: +49 (0)6151 3921561-9
Mobile: +49 (0) 162 275 2327
Wish to join an ESA BIC?
- Your idea must be based on space-related technology, expertise and/or application and target the non-space market
- Your company must not be older than five years or you are going to start a new company
- Your company has to be located at and managed from your preferred ESA BIC
How to apply
- Choose ESA BIC where you wish to locate your business
- Contact the ESA BIC manager (email to: )
- Download the Permanent Open Call for Proposal for your application guidance
- Download and fill in the Application Template
- Send your signed and completed application files to the ESA BIC manager.
Why ESA BIC Darmstadt?
ESA BIC Darmstadt is located next to ESOC, ESA's European Space Operations Centre ensures the smooth working of spacecraft in orbit, offering more than 15 years of experience in processing and refining GPS and GLONASS data.
It runs the International GNSS service (IGS), as well as a worldwide network of satellite ground stations and databases. The key factor to success is the provision of technical support through a network of ESA experts and the cesah shareholders in close collaboration with regional and international partners.
Our current and former start-up companies
Since ESA BIC Darmstadt was established in 2006 many entrepreneurs and start-up companies have been or are being nurtured at this business incubation centre.
For a complete list see Members and Alumni on the right navigation bar.
Last update: 29 August 2017