ESA Business Incubation Centres
ESA BIC Redu
The ESA Business Incubation Centre (BIC) Redu, Belgium, was founded in 2012, and located in the the futuristic Galaxia business park in Transinne, only 4 km away from ESA’s Redu Centre.
The new Belgian incubation centre is dedicated to space applications, and is managed by WSLlux.
As a natural consequence of the variety of satellites operated by ESA from Redu, ESA BIC Redu is aimed at companies specialized in telecommunications, Earth observation, navigation systems as well as integrated applications.
The Business Incubation Centre stands as an avant-garde platform of the ESA Redu Centre, as it is directly linked by a set of high-performance optical fibers. This unique equipment provides fresh data collected from satellites for immediate processing and analysis. Additionally, companies hosted at the centre have the exclusive privilege to send commands to satellites, which drastically improves the efficiency of their business.
Your contact person: Mr. Herbert Hansen
Herbert Hansen, Space and High Tech Manager
Rue Devant les Hêtres, 2
B-6890 Transinne, Belgium
Tel: +32 (0)63 23 19 66
Fax: +32 (0)63 23 18 95
emails: Herbert Hansen">firstname.lastname@example.org
Wish to join an ESA BIC?
- Your idea must be based on space-related technology, expertise and/or application and target the non-space market
- Your company must not be older than five years or you are going to start a new company
- Your company have to be located at and managed from your preferred ESA BIC
Join the ESA BIC by five steps
- Choose ESA BIC where you wish to locate your business
- Contact the ESA BIC manager (email to: )
- Download the Permanent Open Call for Proposal for your application guidance
- Download and fill in the Application Template
- Send your signed and completed application files to the ESA BIC manager.
Why ESA BIC Redu?
The ESA BIC Redu is located at the Galaxia business park, strategically positioned between Luxemburg and Brussels, providing a comprehensive range of proven services in a unique infrastructure.
In addition to the optical fibre connection to the Internet, a dedicated high performance optical fibre is linking ESA BIC Redu directly to the ESA Redu Centre.
The ESA BIC Redu provides start-up companies with a one-stop-shop solution, allowing access to ESA knowledge, experts and infrastructure, as well as services of professional business guidance, leading to successful growth of its start-up companies.
Our current and former start-up companies
ESA BIC Redu in Belgium was established in 2012. Soon a list of entrepreneurs and start-up companies hosted will be added.
Last update: 12 February 2015