Events and Latest Additions
Space Engineering and Technology Final Presentation Days - 23-24 May 2017 @ ESTEC
including final presentations (on May 24th am) of
- BRAVE FPGA NG-MEDIUM (NanoXplore - FR)
- GR740 microprocessor (Cobham Gaisler - SE)
Full programme here
Software Systems Division (TEC-SW) and Data Systems Division (TEC-ED) Final Presentation Days - 8-9 May 2017 @ ESTEC
several Data Systems and Software final presentations, including many on Microelectronics developments, such as:
CCSDS Lossless Image Compression (IUMA-ES) and SpaceWire Node Interface (Teletel-GR) IP Cores, Cosmic Vision Technology Test Vehicle Design and Evaluation Activities (Arquimea-ES), FT-UNSHADES maintenance (U. of Sevilla-ES), SETA Tool update (P. di Torino-IT), KIPSAT 2.1, 2.2 (space ASIC libraries and HSSL in 65nm)(STMicroelectronics-FR), High Performance Data Processor ASIC (ISD-GR), Assessment of the Implementation of the EFL Time-Randomised Cache in the NGMP Architecture (BSC-ES), Design and Implementation of an Inter-Processor Link (RapidIO) for Future OBCs (Cobham Gaisler-SE)
Full programme here
Techniques for radiation effects mitigation in ASICs and FPGAs handbook
- Date: November-2015
- Description: Added page for the ECSS Techniques for radiation effects mitigation in ASICs and FPGAs handbook public review
- Date: December-2014
- Description: Added information on DARE User Day (8 December 2014) and SEFUW: SpacE FPGA Users Workshop (16-18 September 2014), more information here.
- Description: Added information on TEC-ED/SW Presentation Days (9-10 December 2014), more information here
New ESA IP-Cores
- Date: November-2014
- Description: Added SPWTDP (SpaceWire Time Distribution Protocol) and AHBR (AMBA AHB to AMBA AHB bus bridge) to the ESA IP-Cores offer
- Date: 2014
- Description: The Fifth International Workshop on Analog and Mixed-Signal Integrated Circuits for Space Applications (AMICSA) will take place at CERN, Switzerland starting on the 29th of June until the 1st of July 2014.
- Date: 16 September, 2013
New ESA IP-Cores
- Date: March-2013
- Description: Added CCIPC (CanOpen Controller) and Astrium SpaceWire-RMAP to the ESA IP-Cores offer
- Date: Dec-2012
- Description: Added the SoCROCKET Virtual Platform and included SystemC models to the IP-Core offer
- Date: Aug-2012
- Description: The Fourth International Workshop on Analog and Mixed-Signal Integrated Circuits for Space Applications (AMICSA) has taken place on 27-28 August 2012, in ESA/ESTEC, Noordwijk, The Netherlands.
- Date: Sept-2011
- Description: Added to the website the pages on the Electronic System-Level design day which took place in ESTEC on 19th pf September 2011
- Date: August-2011
- Description: Added to the IP Core offer the Authentication Unit IP-Core
- Date: Nov-2010
- Description: Added to the website the pages on Electronic System Level (ESL) modeling methodology and, in this context, describing the activities done at ESA to promote the use of SystemC during early hardware design phases.
- Date: Sept-2010
- Description: The Third International Workshop on Analog and Mixed-Signal Integrated Circuits for Space Applications (AMICSA) was held from 5-7 September 2010, in ESA/ESTEC, Noordwijk, The Netherlands.
- Date: April-2010
- Description: The Fourth Edition of the Microelectronics Presentation Days (MPD) was held at ESTEC from March 30th until April 1st, 2010.
Network-on-Chip Round table 2009 (NoC2009)
- Date: 02-Sept-2009
- Description: In collaboration with CNES, ESA is hosting a first round table on NoC technology, to bring together researchers and industry experiences in using NoC technology for various application domains.
- Date: 02-Sept-2009
- Description: This workshop is a first get together of FPGA designers and groups that have developed and used FPGA FI/FT tools. Tools will be presented, including some demos, to show how they can aid designers to develop and quantify design rad hardness. Feedback on users' needs and recent experiences are also expected.
- Date: 24-November-2008
- Description: A new version of the ECSS ASIC/FPGA Development Standard was released in July 2008 (ECSS-Q-ST-60-02C). The new standard is available for download.
- Date: March-2008
- Description: Preliminary results of Reflective Simulation Platform tool for MPSoC SW-HW co-design.
- Date: Feb-2008
- Description: Announcement of the Second International Workshop on Analog and Mixed Signal Integrated Circuits For Space Applications. (Cascais, Portugal) August 31 - September 2.
- Date: 05-Nov-2007
- Description: A preliminary datasheet of the Essential Telemetry Support ASIC (ETM-ASIC) has been added in the "Ongoing ASIC developments" page.
- Date: 13-Mar-2007
- Description: The Third Edition of Microelectronics Presentation Days was held at ESTEC on 7th and 8th of March 2007
- Date: 03-Jan-2007
- Description: The Democritus University of Thrace (DUTH) and the European Space Agency (ESA) have organised the First International Workshop on Analog and Mixed-Signal Integrated Circuits for Space Applications (AMICSA). The Workshop was held on 2 and 3 October at DUTH in Xanthi, Greece.
- Date: 03-Nov-2006
- Description: New release 2.0 of the SEUs Simulation Tool (SST) published by University Antonio de Nebrija
- Date: 27-Jun-2006
- Description: SpaceWire remote terminal controller FPGA prototype delivered to ESA
- Date: 18-Jan-2006
- Description: On Wednesday January 18, 2006, a briefing on the Actel RT54SX-S, RTSX-SU, RTAX-S, and Eclipse FPGAs for spaceborne application was held at the NASA Goddard Space Flight Center
- Date: 09-Sep-2005
- Description: The full Preliminary AT697 Microprocessor Data Sheet is now available publicly on the web site of ATMEL
AT697 Press Release
- Date: 30-Jun-2005
- Description: ESA official press release concerning the AT697/LEON Sparc V8 compliant Microprocessor prototypes
- Date: 15-Jun-2005
- Description: The first IP-Core Workshop was held at ESA discussing experiences with and possible improvements to the ESA IP-Core offering.
AT697 Prototypes Delivery
- Date: 18-Apr-2005
- Description: First Prototypes of the new fault-tolerant Sparc Microprocessor AT697 have been delivered by Atmel to ESA and Alpha customers
- Date: 26-Jan-2005
- Description: FPGAs On Wednesday February 16, 2005, a briefing on the Actel RTSX-S and RTSX-SU devices will be given at the NASA Goddard Space Flight Center in Greenbelt, MD. ESA has planned to attend to this meeting.
Last update: 20 April 2017