Competition rules and regulations
1. The competition is organised by ESA Space Science.
2. The competition is open to everyone (with no restriction on nationality or residence), apart from ESA employees and contractors, and their immediate family. Children under the age of 18 must have their parents’ permission.
3. By submitting an image to the competition you confirm that it is your original work produced and processed by you and does not infringe on any other right of a third party.
4. The submitted image must have been taken during 2012.
5. Only one entry per person is permitted.
6. By submitting an image you grant ESA the right to use your image on the esa.int web portal, and on ESA social media channels such as Flickr, Facebook and Twitter. The credit line will read: Your Name.
7. The competition will accept entries until 23:59 CET (22:59 GMT) on 10 December 2012.
8. Entries must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘SSIOTW competition 2012’ in the subject line.
9. Entries should be accompanied by your name and email address, your geographical location and the date you took the image, the camera/telescope you used and any imaging/processing details that you would like to share.
10. The images submitted will be evaluated by a panel of judges, including astronomers, planetary scientists and ESA Space Science communications officers. Images will be judged mainly on their aesthetic value. The decisions of the judges are final.
For further information, please contact:
ESA Science and Robotic Exploration Communication Officer
Tel: +31 71 565 6799
Mob: +31 61 594 3 954