Is the industrial space sector organised in the best way to fulfil the European space strategy objectives?
This was the subject of the debate at ILA on Wednesday 8 May, between representatives of European space industry, ESA, DLR (German Space Agency) and BDLI (German Aerospace Industries Association), namely:
- Mr L. Baumgarten, Member of the Board, DLR
- Mr J. Kind, Member of the Board BDLI and President Space Infrastructure Division, Astrium N.V.
- Mr J.-M. Luton, President and CEO, Arianespace
- Mr P.-G. Lundh, Commercial Director, Saab Ericsson Space
- Mr A. Gauber, General Secretary, Eurospace
- Dr H. Kappler, Director of Industrial Matters and Technology Programmes, ESA
Dr Hans Kappler opened the discussion and was followed by presentations by the other panel members. The round table was concluded by a question and answer session between the panel and the audience.
Join the debate in our on-line "Industry Round Table Forum"
ESA has decided to open this debate in an "Industry Round Table Forum" on its Industry website. The European industrial community is invited to express their opinion on the subject "Is the industrial Space Sector organised in the best way to fulfil the objectives of Europe’s Space Strategy?"
The presentations of the ILA panel members are available on the Forum page. Have a look at the transcript of the ILA question and answer session, and post your comments on some of the key questions facing the European space industry today.