How to apply
If you are interested in any of the conference opportunities offered by ESA Education please:
- Check your eligibility as well as the extent and conditions of sponsorship by referring to the sponsorship conditions page. Make sure that you fully understand and agree with these terms before applying.
- Choose a conference from the list below and check the respective conference website for more information.
- Submit an abstract to the conference of your choice by following the instructions on the conference website.
- To apply for ESA sponsorship, please:
- Follow the link to the ESA Education Projects portal and click on 'Register'. Please ensure you complete all fields including 'Subjects of Study' (ie. name and level of your degree and your areas/subjects of specialisation). You will receive an email confirmation with a username and password for your login.
- Log in and select the conference you would like to apply for from the list provided.
- Answer all questions in the application form.
- In the 'Document 1' field, upload a Cover Letter detailing why you would like to attend this conference (including why your paper is of importance), what you hope to learn there and why you consider yourself a good candidate to be sponsored by ESA's Education Office. (PDF, maximum 1 page).
- In the 'Document 2' field, upload a copy of the abstract (not full paper) you have submitted to the conference - if applicable (MS Word or PDF, maximum 2 pages).
- In the 'Document 3' field, upload an up-to-date version of your CV (MS Word or PDF, maximum 2 pages, no images).
- When you have completed steps 3-6 please click on the 'submit' button.
Steps C to G must be completed by the respective sponsorship application deadline of ESA's Education Office. Please note that this deadline usually differs from the conference abstract deadline.
Should you have problems with the application system that cannot be resolved in time for the deadline, please email a copy of your Cover Letter, Abstract and CV to email@example.com clearly stating the name of the conference you are applying for in the subject line of the email.