ESA BIC Bavaria
The ESA Business Incubation Centre in Bavaria, Germany, was founded in 2009 and is managed by AZO Anwendungszentrum GmbH Oberpfaffenhofen. Together with its partners the centre offers business start-up support as well as technical expertise in many space related areas, among others in satellite navigation, data systems, robotics and software systems.
ESA BIC Bavaria has business incubation offices at three locations in the region: the headquarters in Oberpfaffenhofen, and branch offices in Nürnberg, and Ottobrunn.
Your contact persons: Thomas Ballatré and Pia Feurstein
ESA BIC Bavaria
Thomas Ballatré, Pia Feurstein
Anwendungszentrum GmbH Oberpfaffenhofen
Friedrichshafener Str. 1
D-82205 Gilching, Germany
Wish to join an ESA BIC?
- Your idea must be based on space-related technology, expertise and/or application and target the non-space market
- Your company must not be older than three years or you are going to start a new company
- Your company has to be located at and managed from your preferred ESA BIC
Join the ESA BIC by five steps
- Choose ESA BIC where you wish to locate your business
- Contact the ESA BIC manager (email to: email@example.com )
- Download the Permanent Open Call for Proposal (https://email.azo-space.com/asset/43:esa-bic-bavariang-open-call-application-template-2019) for your application guidance
- Download and fill in the Application Template (https://email.azo-space.com/asset/43:esa-bic-bavariang-open-call-application-template-2019)
- Send your signed and completed application files to the ESA BIC manager.
Why ESA BIC Bavaria?
In addition to financial assistance, ESA BIC Bavaria provides technical support and expertise through renowned partners at each branch:
- the German Aerospace Center in Oberpfaffenhofen and Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft in Nürnberg, Germany’s two largest research institutions;
- and Airbus Defence and Space at the Ludwig Bölkow Campus in Ottobrunn.
The scientific expertise and development network of ESA BIC Bavaria's partners are complementing local start-ups' technical development and promote both the commercialisation and the usage of aerospace technologies in other growth areas.
Our current and former start-up companies
Since the ESA BIC in Oberpfaffenhofen was established in 2009 many entrepreneurs and start-up companies have been selected and nurtured at this business incubation centre.
For list of all the incubatees see Members and Alumni (https://www.esa-bic.de/by/portfolio/ ).