|Team members:||Mariana Moreira (Software); Mileida Costa (Software); Jerry Cunha (Electronics); Antero Moura (Electronics); João Melo (Structure)|
|School:||EBS Santa Maria - Vila do Porto (Azores)|
Description of the CanSat missions:
The Secondary mission that we have chosen for our CanSat is to monitor the rising of sea levels and detection of oil spills in the Azores archipelago.
The scientfic objective, is to take pictures during the CanSat descent, and at the same time the GPS module will provide the coordinates of each photograph and then we can detect some problems that can seriously affect the islands, as the rising of sea levels and the oil spills.
We will use the photos of the CanSat and compare them with old photos from the same area, and thus detect the differences, with the use of one Image Processing Software. With the GPS coordinates we will have information about the area where we could have the problem.
- The Pressure reception, recording and graphic representation is complete.
- The Temperature reception, recording and graphic representation is complete.
- The Altitude calculation, reception, recording and graphic representation is complete.
- The CanSat Power Consumption Monitoring is complete.
- We already are able to retrieve, process and compare pictures of the CCD Camera.
- The GPS reception, recording, graphic representation and data treatment is complete.
- The Solar Panel Power reception, recording and graphic representation is complete.