Safety & Security
Name The Mission – The Rules
- The contest is open from 17 May 2021 until 17 October 2021 12:00 (CEST).
- The contest is open to nationals of ESA Member, Cooperating and Associate States; the European Union; Argentina, Australia; and, ISS partner countries, except for:
- Staff of ESA, its suppliers, its contractors, and
- Members of the immediate families or households of (a) above.
- Submitting names to ESA's No-Name Mission contest, including accepting the terms & conditions and privacy notice, must be done in English.
- Minors must provide a completed and signed parental permission form.
- Only individual submissions will be considered valid.
- Participants must agree with the privacy notice and provide to ESA their name and email address.
- The winning submitted name will become the official name of ESA’s new space weather mission.
- No more than one submission per email address.
- If several participants submit the same winning mission name, then the one who first submitted it chronologically by filling in the contest form online will be considered the winner.
- The proposed name must:
- Reflect the mission’s aims and goals
- Not reuse/repeat a past, current or proposed space mission, whether from ESA or any another organisation
- Not infringe on any copyright or trademark
- Not be a proper noun (e.g. ‘Bondi Beach’ ‘Sunday’ ‘Paris’). Classic proper names (e.g. mythological names ‘Mercury’ and ‘Sol’) are OK
- Name must be maximum three words, no special symbols
- There will be one single winner.
- The winner will receive a voucher for ESA’s Space Shop.
- If several participants submit the same winning mission name, the first person to submit the entry by filling in the online contest form will be considered the winner.
- The winner will be selected in October 2021 and notified as soon as possible thereafter.
- You can find more information about the mission.
CLICK HERE TO SUBMIT YOUR PROPOSED NAME