Method of processing positioning signals, in particular for indoor applications
|525 - Abstract of the offer:|
|The European Space Agency (ESA) has developed a method for processing positioning signals for indoor applications. This technology can be used to develop a receiver to provide accurate positioning in indoor environments and urban canyons. Licence agreement collaborations are sought.|
Description of the offer:
The offered technology is a method of processing positioning signals constituted by a superposition of individual signals generated by a plurality of emitters, in particular satellite emitters, and comprising the following steps:
- Coarse acquisition of the individual signals, comprising correlation of the received positioning signal with locally generated replicas of the individual signals
- Identification of spurious correlation peaks induced by interference
- Estimation of the code delays and the carrier frequency shifts of the acquired individual signals which are not affected by said interference
According to preferred embodiments of the presented method, this can also comprise:
- A refining step of determining more accurate estimates of code delays and carrier frequency shifts
- A step of interference cancellation
The method of the invention is particularly suitable for indoor positioning applications.
Innovations and advantages:
The technology offers an improvement of signal processing in positioning systems, for making it possible to develop positioning applications for indoor environments.
Domain of application:
This technology could be applied within the safety industry, for global navigation system suppliers and within the logistics industry.
- Defence communications
- Microwave and satellite components (including antennas and amplifiers)
- Other transportation
Last update: 15 January 2013