Date: Tue, Apr 23, 2019 | 09:00 - 09:45 GMT | 11:00 - 11:45 CEST
Replay: Tue, Apr 23, 2019 | 15:00 - 15:45 GMT | 17:00 - 17:45 CEST
Type: ESA TV Exchange
At Airbus Defence and Space in Ottobrunn, Germany, EDRS-C satellite is undergoing its final testing before being shipped to Kourou for its launch on top of an Ariane 5 in July.
With EDRS-A already in orbit, EDRS-C will be the second node of the European Data Relay System and the first dedicated EDRS satellite. This system has been designed to enable fast and reliable optical data transfer from low earth orbiting satellites to the ground allowing what is called the SpaceDataHighway.
This A&B Roll shows images of EDRS C in Ottobrunn.
It includes interviews with:
- Michael Witting, EDRS Project Manager, ESA in English and German
- Jean-Pascal Lejault, EDRS C Spacecraft Manager, ESA in English and French
- Pablo Sarasa Delgado, EDRS Payload Manager in English and Spanish
- Christian Hunscher, Head of Compact Range Test Facility, Airbus Defence and Space in English and German
- Matthias Wiegand, Head of EDRS Infrastructure, Airbus Defence and Space in English and German
More information at: http://www.esa.int/Our_Activities/Telecommunications_Integrated_Applications/EDRS
Preview and download:
EDRS-C final script + TC.docx
Satellite Parameters: Eutelsat 9A at 9 degrees E, transponder 59, downlink frequency 11900.1 horizontally polarised, symbol rate 27,500 FEC 2/3.